To create a forum of individuals with a shared vision to promote conservation of natural resources.
To spread awareness on the variety and richness of the wild life and natural resources, including the importance of interdependence of all life forms, and make the community aware of our responsibility to maintain the delicate balance among the different species of biota, to prevent ecological retrogression.
There is a great need to conserve our rapidly depleting bio-and Geo-natural resources to maintain their equilibrium and diversity.
This need is more critical now than ever before. It is important to make the community at large, aware and considerate of the natural resources around us understand our role.
By learning and teaching we need to inspire better care of the planet. This will inspire lifelong commitment of individuals to the sustenance of the pristine natural world.
Natural history Society of India ( NHSI) is meant to provide a platform to all those individuals and organization, from different fields and experiences, who are interested to promote the above stated objectives.
The NHSI activities, though initially based in Hyderabad would eventually cover all parts of AP and across India.
- To spread the knowledge among people, primarily children, about natural history in all its branches ( bio sciences and Geo-sciences).
- To promote educational research and conservation activities among children and teachers.
- To increase knowledge about nature and culture through education, collections of specimens, exhibitions and research resulting in enhanced learning and support for a sustainable future.
- To serve as a catalyst and nodal center with respiratory of selected components of bio sciences and Geo-sciences particularly unique to India.
- To enrich the knowledge of the natural world by appreciating the dynamics of evolution.
- To maintain close liaison with the other natural history parks and museums to promote discovery, understanding and enjoyment of the natural world.
- To publish books, periodicals and pamphlets for children to create interest and our natural resources.
- To establish field stations to promote intensive study of nature and natural phenomena in our country.
- To promote formal and structured training to students for various international Olympiads, such as the international earth sciences and life sciences Olympiad.
- To facilitate organizing “Natural History on Wheels” involving travel to remote places in India, to make school children, in particular and others aware on selected topics on natural history and its conservation.